Sunday, January 7, 2007

5 down! At least halfway there!

I submitted Fuqua today, yay! And now I am over the halfway mark which is great, because my head does feel like it's going to explode from staring at the computer for most of the weekend. At least I got out for a few hours here and there to see friends. And enjoy the 60 degree weather.

Now to go:
1) Columbia is almost done, just 1 more essay. Does anyone else think that their online application form is super frustrating, asking you to uplaod separate documents for EVERYTHING? Also, it doesn't view properly using Safari on a Mac. C'mon business people, give the Macs some love! I hopefully will be submitting this tomorrow.

2) Stanford is all done (essays and form) except for essay 1 (What matters to you most and why?). I'm torn between two different answers - one a bit more personal, a story about the history of my life basically, and the other a personality trait that has threaded through my life. I'll definitely be submitting this tomorrow.

3) UChicago, to be honest, I haven't started. But it looks like for the first and second ones I can modify existing essays for, I'll just have to do the little questions at the end, and the form.

4) I'm still debating whether or not to apply to MIT. I made the decision to work on and submit Columbia, Stanford, and UChicago and only after that work on MIT. If I have time before the 10th I'll apply, but if not then no love lost.

5) NYU is not due until the 15th, muahahah.

Just a few more to go and I'll have my social, exercising, reading, pottery-making, FUN life back!!

ps - Does anyone have good remedies for Carpal Tunnel Syndrome? From working so much on applications and work being very hectic and out of control, I feel like the tendons are about to jump out of my wrists. Ouch ouch ouch. Please let me know of any suggestions!

9 comments:

Wannabe said...

Where do you find the time to do all the essays?!

It takes me 2 weeks to perfect an essay - lots of feedback from family and crafting it so that it reads well.

I'm in awe of people like yourself that say, I'm applying to 10 schools, I finished 5 schools last weekend....

!!!

Inblue said...

there's a larger trouble when you finsih all the apps. The Nowhereness, the emptiness. though I come back home early and go to the gym. I feel a void now. It feels so odd not to have anything to do with your essay or follow up. 1-2 days are going to be real chaos.

BTW congrats ! your committement to the apps is just fabuluous. I can't even dream of such discipline. Kudos !

asiangal said...

Your pace is amazing! How did you get all your recommenders to submit on time?

MBA babe said...

WOW! nice work getting 5 in so far! And here I am sitting here b*tching about have 2 due on wednesday - seriously you are amazing! good luck finishing up & enjoy getting back to normal fun life!

Forrest Gump said...

i continue to remain amazed. good luck for the remaining apps.

Iday said...

Looks like u r running on some high octane fluid :)

But then - a note of caution. Hope u dont overlook anything while u r running at this frenetic pace.

Congrats on the 5 submissions, good luck with their results and the remaining 5 submissions :)

Sudha said...

this rings so many bells in my head :) i was in the same mode last october. the only difference is that u r also finding time to blog!

sorry about the carpal tunnel. i can only offer u luck and positve thoughts!

P.S: i wish i had applied to columbia RD now. i got dinged in ED

R2_MBA said...

Congrats!
Only one word - Amazing!

The Caspian said...

You are planning to write Stanford's "What matters to you most and why?" in one day?! That's insane! I think I would need 3-4 weekends to draft it and revise it.

@inblue - I feel the same void! But i think I will hit the gym.